Werner Unveils Fall Protection Utility Lifeline For Utility Workers and Linemen, Offering Professionals Increased Climbing Security
Jan 8, 2024
Only lifeline for linemen that makes climbing a ladder feel as secure as using a fixed anchor fall-arrest system; First-to-market system attaches to fixed structure for pros working at height
Itasca, IL, January 8, 2024 - Werner, the world leader in ladders and the manufacturer of climbing products and fall protection equipment, today introduces the new Werner Utility Lifeline, designed specifically for utility workers and linemen. The new innovative anchor strap fall arrest system was developed specifically for professionals who work on utility poles or similar structures. It’s the only lifeline for linemen that makes climbing a ladder feel as secure as a fixed anchor fall arrest system by safely securing the climber to the structure – not the ladder.
“The new utility lifeline is the easiest system to provide an anchor to a fixed object like a pole, offering utility workers the safety and confidence to focus on the job at hand,” said Chris Hillmann Sr. Product Manager at WernerCo. “We know that climbing a ladder leaning on a pole or connected to a stand can be a daunting task, so we designed this new system to provide the security and freedom of movement needed for those professionals working in these dangerous conditions.”
Advanced Design Engineered to Optimize Security and Freedom of Movement
Werner’s first-to-market belt-style anchor straps securely to the pole to provide safety and security while working from a ladder. Unlike other ladder tethers that connect the ladder to a structure and the worker to the ladder, the Werner Utility Lifeline is attached directly to the fixed structure for next-level confidence ascending, descending or working with both hands. This innovative design and first-to-market approach allows professionals to move unrestricted up or down without hitching, grabbing or having to adjust the anchor unnecessarily.
Additional benefits of the Werner Utility Lifeline include:
- Quick and Easy Set Up: An anchor strap with Werner Quick-Connect buckles and built-in ladder base allows the user to connect the anchor strap, adjust the proper lifeline tension and clip into the fall arrester in less than four minutes. By comparison, the majority of fall protection utility lifelines take more than six minutes to set up and are more cumbersome and confusing throughout the deployment process. Werner’s built-in capture-grab eliminates the need for manual tying and reduces excess strapping in the work area.
- Fluid Movement: Lightweight and fluid ASAP fall arrester encourages movement and allows workers to freely move up and down the ladder without any hitching, snagging or grabbing.
- Solid and Secure Product Performance: Designed for subtle shifts or climber movements, the new Werner Utility lifeline allows climbers to be more confident and secure.
- Compatible with Werner Aero Extension Ladder: Pairs perfectly with the recently introduced Werner Aero Extension Ladder to provide a premium climbing experience. Designed for the telecommunications industry, the new ladder and fall protection utility lifeline provide innovative products that ensure safety, function and productivity. The new Utility Lifeline is also compatible with all Werner extension ladders.
- Easy to Repack: Along with easy set-up, the product can easily be repacked in under one minute when wrapping up the job.
The Werner Utility Lifeline is both ANSI and OSHA Certified. For more information about Werner’s AERO line of Pro Extension solutions, please visit https://www.wernerco.com/aero.
Werner, a WernerCo Professional brand, is the world leader in ladders and has a complete line of climbing products designed for working at heights. The portfolio includes ladders, scaffolding, pump jacks, stages, planks, accessories and fall protection equipment including harnesses, lanyards, anchors and compliance kits. From ladders to fall protection, WERNER provides a full line of climbing equipment that is engineered for maximum safety, durability and productivity at every height. All Werner products meet or exceed applicable international safety standards. For more information, visit www.wernerladder.com.
ABOUT WERNERCO PROFESSIONAL BRANDS
WernerCo Professional Brands is a privately owned, fully integrated, international manufacturer and distributor of access products, fall protection equipment, secure storage systems and light duty construction equipment. WernerCo's business model and growth is defined by innovation and continuous improvement of the products, processes and services they deliver. WernerCo products are Trusted Everywhere Work Gets Done™! For a full list of industry leading global brands, visit https://www.wernercoprofessionalbrands.com/.
Angie Maddox, Seed Factory, 404-996-4041; [email protected]